Monday, December 13, 2010

The Perfect Playlist

Music heightens any experience. 


Carving down the mountain, weight shifting from side to side, wind biting at exposed flesh, the exhilaration of what’s to come, the unknown—snowboarding is a state of mind. To snowboard is to be hyper-aware of your surroundings. To get into the "snowboarding state of mind," I listen to music. My perfect playlist is constantly evolving. Nine years ago, when I strapped into a snowboard for the first time, my snowboarding soundtrack would have included hits by Avril Lavigne, Usher, and Blink 182. I was adorable (don't deny it), but even I will admit that I had an awful taste in music. 

These days, I like to think I've developed a more tasteful ear. The following songs make up my ultimate snowboarding soundtrack. You should all download them immediately and additionally, create your own perfect playlist. Music will take you higher. 






My Perfect Playlist

1. Kids – MGMT
2. Tune Out – The Format
3. Ridin’ Dirty – Chamillionaire
4. Fergilicious – Fergie
5. Worst Comes to Worst – Dilated Peoples
6. Doin’ Alright – Cunninlynguists
7. One More Time – Daft Punk
8. Every Time We Touch – Cascada
9. Electric Feel – MGMT
10. Son’s Gonna Rise – Citizen Cope
11. Black Mags – The Cool Kids
12. Hey Ma – Cam’ron
13. Damnit – Blink 182
14. It Ends Tonight - All-American Rejects
15. Brighter than Sunshine – Aqualung
16. Nth Degree – Morningwood
17. Run Into Flowers – M83
18. Juicy – Biggy Smalls
19. Concrete Bed – Nada Surf
20. Float On – Modest Mouse
21. Jane Fonda – Mickey Avalon

And additionally, ANY Pretty Lights




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers