Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bienvenue au Canada!

Welcome (back) to Canada! This time we went to the east coast, over spring break, and I was allowed to bring a friend, Morgan. My family, the Ebensteins, and Morgan headed over the border for a long weekend of snowboarding. I suffered a minor injury when I slammed my finger in the car door, however, on the plus side, we successfully smuggled enough food and wine over the border to last us the entire trip. We stayed in a really nice condo at the base of Mont-Sainte-Anne in Quebec, Canada. Morgan and I had the most amazing bed, which we, consequently, spent a lot of our time in.



With not-so-great spring skiing conditions, we, for once, spent a lot of time off the mountain. The condo had an amazing outdoor hot tub equipped with a waterfall. We would play Catch Phrase there for hours… one night the boys got naked, and then it just got awkward.





 One day we ventured into Quebec City where the adults spent hours drinking. Morgan and I played scrabble.




One day that we actually enjoyed the snow was when we headed over to a different mountain to shred, Le Massif. I’ve never snowboarded in a happier environment. People there were so festive. With music blaring at the base of every chair lift, it was impossible not to get pumped up before every run. On our first run, Angus actually clipped Dad with his snowboard, leaving a pretty gnarly gash in his shin. Dad was only out for one run however, until he rejoined us. Apparently ski patrol had stitched him up right on the side of the mountain. Got to love Canadian Health Care! Le Massif is one of my favorite places to snowboard, solely because it has my two favorite things: mountains and ocean. When I saw the view my jaw dropped.



 Canada was so much fun. It was the most relaxing snowboarding vacation I’ve ever been on and I was so happy to have Morgan there with me. Thanks again, Bert!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers