Sunday, December 12, 2010

Luke the Legend

Many of my blogs have featured rider Luke Haddock. This is partly because he's the best snowboarder I know, and partly because he is an extremely good friend of my family's. Recently, Luke won the Queen City Session rail jam event in Burlington, Vermont. Later that night, Luke was jumped, beat, robbed, and stabbed by two people on the corner of North Willard Street. When I heard this story I was shocked. In Boston at the time, I was unable to visit Luke in the hospital. Luckily, from our friends and Facebook I was kept up to date. The stabbing punctured one of Luke's lungs, but a full recovery is expected.  I also heard from the local news that the suspects are now in custody and facing a life sentence in jail. They got $10 off of Luke for their crime. We are all praying for a speedy recovery for Luke. Hopefully he will be healed in time to compete in Killington's Rags to Riches Railjam on December 11th. Everyone knows he will win.

I'm told Luke is in good spirits and, in his own words just "stoked to be alive." He's looking at the positives: having a bad ass scar and tons of street cred. What happened to Luke is terrifying. It is crazy to think how lucky he truly is. What happened to Luke has earned him a nickname, Luke the Legend.


We love you Luke! If you know or admire Luke, send good vibes his way on his Facebook.

Also, click to watch an interview with Luke after that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers